Sunday, May 31, 2009

May Fun

Update: We're still having fun out here in Miami. Playoff basketball started a few weeks ago and we decided to check it out. We went to the Friday night Game 6 in the Heat vs. Hawks series. It was a great game and I'm glad we were able to do it. I bought some tickets on ebay but as soon as I paid for them the guy emailed me and said he had just sold them so he would refund my money. Luckily, I found some cheap tickets on stubhub (I hate all of the random fees on StubHub. I had to pay some "$15 close to gametime fee" or something like that).

All of the fans in attendance received a free clapper so it was very loud in there. Around halftime, Jackie and I got up to go use the bathroom. I left my clapper on my seat while Jackie took hers to the bathroom. When I get back, my clapper is gone. I look at the guy next to me (one empty chair in between us) and all of a sudden he has two clappers. Ugghhh, hello. We bought the entire series of Seinfeld on DVD and we've been watching those. I remember thinking at that moment that this would make a perfect Seinfeld episode, if it already wasn't. What do I do at this moment? I mean, that guy that took my clapper was clearly a bigger fan, he had his jersey on and everything. Plus, he was already using that clapper a lot more than I was. Jackie thought I should ask for it back but I decided against it.

A little later I noticed he had set it inbetween us on the floor in the row above us. I thought this might be his subtle way of giving it back to me. I reached for it and soon realized why he had set it back there. It was broken. The guy grabbed my clapper and then broke it. What a little punk.
The following week we had tickets to Madame Butterfly and that is quite the opera. Unfortunately, I didn't get a picture of my beautiful wife but I did get a picture of the stage from our seats. I bet you were dying to see that. Anyways, the reasons we got tickets to this show was because Jackie accidentally bought 4 tickets to the Bryn Terfel/Sarah Coburn concert. When we tried to give two tickets back they told us we could trade them in for another event so we picked this one. In the end, Jackie was glad for her mistake because we both had a good time at the opera and who knows if we would have gone otherwise.

If someone comes to town, we go to the Everglades

A friend of Jackie's, Vicky, flew into town with her husband to visit her daughter and vacation a little in Miami. Vicky and Jackie worked and sang together at the Rhinelander in Portland.
The 'lil baby alligators are growing up
No fear Jackie standing next to the gator...
... and once again she is about 2 feet closer than I am
That night the Mannyless Dodgers were in town
Here is Scott, Vicky, and her daughter Megan (also worked and sang at the Rhinelander). The best part of the night was that our section won something. I was actually getting some chicken fingers when they announced it but Megan found us and told us that our section won something but we had to go pick it up somewhere. We eventually found the both and it turns out we won $10 gift certificates to Dave and Busters. Yee hah!!

The first 15,000 fans to arrive at the staduim received free silver pompoms (with the attendance at Marlin's games, that probably left about 2,000 pompoms unclaimed). I feel bad for the guy that came up with this idea because they immediately started to regret it. The winds were about 20+ mph with a storm threatening. Anyways, fans began to rip apart the pompoms and sent the silver tinsel-like material onto the field. Every half inning they sent about 10 guys out onto the field to pick it up. Check out the video below, closest thing to snow we've gotten here in South Florida.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

We are glad once again to find out that you are taking advantage of some of the things going on in Miami while you are there. don't slack off now.

emetski said...

You've got your mom believing you are bored! It looks like you're doing a good job of finding fun things to do. We could really use your help this week with Jack and Lily. They are wearing us out!