Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Jackie's Christmas and Other news

Well, we decided to give each other our Christmas presents before we left. I passed the state life and health insurance exam last week and to celebrate, Jackie wanted me to open up her present. She said it was something I could use in Portland and I thought for sure it was going to be a rain coat. It wasn't. I opened up a box of shoes, which I have needed since I threw out two pairs when we left Miami. Both of those pairs had lasted me about eight years.

The anticipation was strong. Note the left over wrapping paper from our Wedding.

For Jackie's Christmas present, I decided to frame some of the art she bought in Portugal while on the mission. Both are watercolor and are very pretty. They've been rolled up for so long and she's always wanted to display them. It turns out the frames I got match one of our clocks so Jackie was very happy about that (I got lucky). Also, the 16 x 20 frames were $24.99 but when I got to the counter, they both clocked in at $9.99. Thank you Christmas sales.

Both of our gifts were very practical but that is how you roll when you're on a budget.

In other news, I finished school! I'm so happy right now. Yesterday I finished my last two finals and I have to admit, it felt a little odd walking off the campus for the last time as a student. My goal over the break is to write down my most memorable moments from college. I'm looking forward to it.

In more news, BYU's Noteworthy was on NBC's The Sing-Off the past couple of nights. They advanced past the first round but got kicked off the second night. Jackie was in the band a couple of years ago and when she was in it, they took first place in the international collegiate a capella competition. Since I didn't have to worry about any school work this morning, I have been listening to some of the songs from the 2007 competition. They perform the most beautiful rendtion of How Great Thou Art and Jackie has the best moves in Don't You Worry About a Thing

Back to packing, we're loading up the truck for Portland tomorrow.

5 comments:

JackieE said...

Actually honey, my mission comp Shara brought those prints back for me from Portugal when she went back to visit. (Just so Shara doesn't feel cheated!) I always wanted to get some while on my mission and she was kind enough to bring some home for me. Thanks Shara!

Unknown said...

way to use the left over wrapping paper from the wedding!

Sharalea said...

:) Thanks for the shout out, Jackie--I didn't mind though! haha. Love that they are framed! I only have 1 of my prints framed so far--

SO! love the Christmas presents, Congrats Brian on finishing--and good luck moving, guys! What a busy week for you--

How's that baby treatin' you??

heidizinha said...

brian--sorry about the awkward phone call the other night. my dad means well, but sometimes things don't go over as well as he'd hope. anyway, nice talking to you, and good luck in portland and with the baby.

Unknown said...

Another mile-stone out of the way. Good luck on the others that will come and especially the addition to your family. We hope the move goes well and that your work turns out to be satisfying.