Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Labor Day Weekend

Labor Day weekend was a blast as we took advantage of the extended weekend and flew over to Utah. The trip was dual-purposed. One reason was to go for Isabel's baby blessing that was held that Sunday. The second was to have one last visit with my Grandpa. Yes, happy, yet sad, yet happy. Grandpa actually passed away last week but we feel very fortunate we were able to get out there and see him one last time. Before we left his house, he told me to take care of my beautiful family. I'm glad he was able to meet Bobby a couple of times.

Well, right before we left for Utah, Margie came by to say goodbye. She's going to school out in Hawaii and wouldn't be in Portland still by the time we got back.


Just like his Daddy, he enjoys the view in the mirror

Margie had fun putting him in the sink for a little photo session


On that Friday we went over to Midway to hang out with John's family and to check out Swiss Days, always good for a Navajo Taco. The number of grandkids equals the number of kids right now for my parents and yet the grandkids still get most of the love.

I walked around the shops for about 3 minutes until I was too hot and realized I wasn't really interested in what they had to offer so I went back to the shade to play with Bobby. He looks pretty good in those Wayfarers...

...as well as the backwards Angel's hat

After Swiss Days we went over to Park City to ride the Alpine Slide as well as the roller coaster. That roller coaster is amazing. So much fun because you are positive you are going to fly off of the track.

On Saturday we went up to Logan to hang out with Grandpa. I didn't get any pictures with him and Bobby so I'm disappointed now.

Bobby Effect: The inherent ability of a young baby to make "shotgun" be the last seat called in a moving vehicle.

Blessing day. That sun was way too bright, where are my glasses?

We have about 7 of these pictures so it was hard to just put up 2


On Labor Day we went into Provo to meet up with some of our friends. After that we went back to my parents house, packed up, and then met up with John and his family in Salt Lake for a little dinner at the mall.





Bobby and Lily raced down the escalator and it came down to a photo finish...

...with Lily just barely edging out the distracted Bobby.

Waiting for the plane, why not pick up a good book.



We got home just in time for Family Home Evening and this was the scene as soon as we got home. Bobby was gone for 4 days and was surely missed by his family out here.

No comments: