Wednesday, November 5, 2008

A Little Place Called Aspen

Jackie and I decided to follow my brother and his family to "someplace warm...where beautiful women instinctively flock like the salmon of Capistrano." I'm talking about Aspen, Colorado. We left Saturday afternoon and drove back Sunday but we felt that it was worth the 11 hours of driving in two days and here are 3 reasons why:

1. Lily is growing up so she is sleeping less and smiling more. She is just so adorable. She spent most of the time trying to find stuff to put in her mouth, especially my camera and my nose.

2. Jack continues to smile and is growing into his wrestling phase, which is always fun for me until they are old enough to learn valuable wrestling techniques against males, like some of my Anderson cousin's kids have learned. Jack still wrestles clean so no complaints from me.

3. The gas station in Grand Junction that we found. $2.19! Awesome! The gas station on the other side was $2.39 so I'm glad we accidently turned right to get to the Wendy's, otherwise we never would have seen this place. Jackie and I stopped there on the way back to fill up as well. The highest we paid this summer was near $5.00 a gallon somewhere on the California coast.

I was quickly banned from playing on the playground because Jack would want to do what I was doing and he did not want to leave, unlike his parents
"Let me put that camera in my mouth"

Jack is getting used to having a "Jackie" aroundI got my "church shoes" out but did not put them in the car. I don't think anyone in the Aspen branch minded.

7 comments:

Lynda Donkin said...

Your niece and nephew are adorable. I'm glad you had such a great time!

A and M said...

I'm jealous you were in Aspen, sometimes I miss my CO days. You were only 4 hours away from Michael!

Unknown said...

We are glad you had an enjoyable though short trip with two cute kids. We will give you some time yet before we start bugging you to add to our quiver.

Kristin said...

I love our family!! Glad you all had a wonderful time sad that I didn't get to come play. :)

David said...

Wow, what a fun trip. Thanks for all the pics and videos, they are great.

Tag! You're it!

Catherine said...

you forgot..."where the beer flows like wine"

Linda said...

Jackie..hey its Shara's mom. We were in Aspen this fall and went to the branch! I think they must have tons of visitors and don't care at all what we wear. I thought it was great there. We met some nice people.