Wednesday, February 4, 2009

We took a trip out to the Everglades National Park at Shark Valley this past weekend and had a great time. It is a beautiful area and not too far from downtown Miami.
Posing with the aligator
I was a lot more nervous about the gators than Jackie, and you can tell in the video posted below




We took a tram that did a 15 mile loop. At half way point, there is a tower and it is great for taking pictures. You can see about 20 miles in all directions.
This guy's mouth was resting on the sidewalk, yikes!
Jackie loved the baby alligators the best
She made me get in real close
So close that we scared them so that they jumped back in the water. Oops
Beautiful birds were all over the place
The most popular hang out
They have crazy feet


2 comments:

Unknown said...

You were much braver than I would have been. If the alligator's couldn't be seen from the safety of the inside of a car I would have gone without checking them out.

emetski said...

"Take a few steps back..." Too funny. The photos are excellent. You've almost convinced me to take a trip to Miami - except that I here it is cold in Miami.