Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Memorable Moments from Year 1

Jackie and I have now been married for a year. Crazy, I know. As cliche as it might sound, it truly feels like we've been married forever but at the same time it feels like our wedding day was yesterday. We actually celebrated our anniversary this past Sunday and we started talking about a few of the memorable moments. Here's a top 5 list of what went on in the last year (besides our wedding day, because that memory is in a league of its own):

5. U.S.A. vs Puerto Rico in the World Baseball Classic. This is the only one in the top five to not be a trip so that is saying something. Half the reason this game was so great was that Jackie's sisters Jeri and Margie were here to celebrate with us. It was their first professional ball game and boy did they pick a good one.

4. The Steiner Stampede Reunion. We had a good time down in Arizona as Jackie and I got to hang out with her family as a married couple for the first time. In Charlie's absence, I even got invited up to sing with the family and gave an unforgettable performance if I say so myself. Yes, her sisters still love to bring up my offbeat clapping.

3. Our trip to the Azores and the Portugal mainland. With 5 different posts dedicated to just this trip (not including the other countries we visited in that number) we had to put it in the list. We got to relax at the beach, visit historic sites, and reunite with lifelong friends. What more can you ask for in a vacation?

2. The Epic Journey. The journey from Provo to Miami was filled with many unforgettable memories. We got to see friends and family along the way on our 5 day trip, including Michael on his mission (shh!!). However, nothing will be more memorable than our experience up the Vail pass. Money-Saving Tip: If your car gets stuck in the pass and you are without chains, get out of the car, have your wife take the wheel, and push your car up hill to avoid paying that $1000 fine.

1. Without a doubt it is our (Mis)Adventure in Paris. The memory still makes me sick to my stomach. The image of my wife staring at me with that shocked and sad face while I stood there on the platform will haunt me for many years to come.

2 comments:

emetski said...

I think it took your mom and I 10 years to accumulate so many cool memories. Can't wait to see you guys. Let's hope you don't get caught in a blizzard or get separated at a train station on your way home in July.

LauraP said...

The mis-adventure in Paris is a classic story! I hope it never happens to me, and when Clark and I were in Japan we had a game plan if anything like that happened to us, because I know I would cry my eyes out if that happened to me!