Wednesday, September 23, 2009

A Few Pictures from Lotoja

Lotoja this year was awesome. I decided to pass on the 206 miles and just do 45 miles on a relay team. I got to ride my segment with my aunt Shelly, and the only thing missing was sunglasses...

I was afraid that I was going to have a perma-squint after 3 hours of struggling to keep my eyes open. It didn't help when a fly flew into my right eye.

Waitin' for my Pops to finish

There he is

Thanks to a speeding ticket, we were finally able to see John in action. Had we not gotten the ticket, we would have missed him on the section where the bikers get off the road and onto the bike path

Uncle Tom giving the cheese for the camera

We thought we might be coming up on John but it turned out to be Tom

My Dad and brother both received their 1,000 mile awards, having done the race at least 5 times. I still need to do it 2 more times so we'll see about next year.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks for the post and the additional pictures. The only problem was that the first picture of you was in a really small format so I couldn't save it. Can you send it on in full size? And good luck on your decision about next year. If we are still here, the peach ice ccream will be too.