Saturday, November 19, 2011

Welcome Will

Have you heard that we've had another baby? It's true, almost 3 months ago. Will was born the evening of August 24th around 10 pm or so. That time is an estimate but I'm pretty sure of that date. Nobody really wants to hear about it, I'm sure you just want to get to the pictures anyway so here you go.

Well, I only got one photo pre-birth. I think that is because this whole process went so much faster this time. Instead of being at the hospital for about 30 hours before the baby came, we were only there for about 16 hours this time. Just about twice as fast. I was planning on taking all of my pictures in the final few hours but that came too soon. Actually, I'm pretty sure the reason I didn't take many photos is that Jackie didn't want me to take any. She forgot a hairbrush so pictures were pretty much banned.

We showed up at the hospital at 6:00 am for our appointment but found out they were not expecting us until 7:00 am. D'oh! We could have slept an entire extra hour, but who really wants a good nights sleep the day before a baby is born? It's not like you'll be up every few hours for the next couple of months.

We got there and took a nap. This time was so much more relaxed. Not only had we done all of this before, but we had done it last year for goodness sakes. We watched some TV after that and then took another nap. I honestly don't remember much except that I had 3 naps throughout the day. My body knew something was coming and I would want to be ready for it. People kept wanting updates throughout the day but I felt like there was never really an update. Umm, we're just hanging out, Jackie's body is very slowly getting ready to give birth.

I feel like it was around 4 pm and that the contractions were really kicking in so Jackie decided to get the epidural. It was like 15 minutes before they were supposed to come in and I feel asleep for my third little nap. I woke up about a half hour later and the epidural was in and everyone was making fun of me. Jackie wanted me to wake up so I could be there mentally when they stuck the big needle in her back. Anyways, the nurses were talking about how "rough" I had it.

A little later around dinner time, we were missing Bobby so we decided to call Jonnie to see if they could come over for a visit. They were doing something but they said they could be there in about 45 minutes. Jackie was only dilated to a five so we figured we had plenty of time. Well, that 45 minutes turned into about an hour and half so they showed up around 8:00 pm. Right when they got there, the heart rate of the baby dropped off of the chart and Jackie's was dropping as well. The nurses were scurrying around the room to figure out what was going on and I went out in the hall to stop everyone from coming in. Jackie had an oxygen mask on and she didn't want Bobby to see that. It turns out she was just on her back too long and was cutting off circulation. Once they sat her up a little bit, things returned to normal.

Bobby then came in and got to see Mommy. He gave her a hug on the bed and then he was interested in all of the new things in the room. It was just before Bobby came in that the nurses realized Jackie was dilated to a 10 so they started to prep everything. It was a short visit. The nurses pulled in the extra table that holds all 14 of the clamp/scissor looking tools. Why they need 14 different ones is a mystery to me.

I'll keep the remaining part pretty simple to avoid going into too many details. Jackie did one push before the Dr. got there and the nurse told her to stop. Our doctor then showed up soon thereafter and after about 20 minutes of pushing, William was born!

It was still just as amazing as the first birth. What a crazy experience.

Big guy: 10 pounds 7 ounces



Why do all of my kids have to sleep like this?

Cute kid

So chubby

Will's cousin that is about 5 weeks older.





Bobby missed Mommy quite a bit, and vice versa.

How many Donkin's can you fit in a little hospital room?

This was after he lost some weight.

Lorelai wanted to check out the new baby. She only got about 5 months in the limelight before the next grandchild was born.

Not sure if Bobby enjoyed seeing Mommy or eating her snacks more.







1 comment:

Chelsea said...

Will and I share our birthday, I'm so lucky!