Sunday, April 11, 2010

Bobby's First Week

So far we believe:

He has his Daddy's nose

He has his Mommy's chin and lips

Going pee every hour means he has his Daddy's bladder

And the way he looks at Jackie must mean he has his Daddy's affection for mommy

He has been an awesome baby so far. He eats, sleeps, and poops very well. He lost more than 10% of his body weight in the first few days but he gained almost all of it back by day 6. The past four nights he has gone a stretch of at least five hours, which is awesome for Mommy and Daddy. He is definitely a sleepy little guy, but he's content most of the day so we can't complain.


He has been pretty good with the binky so far


Hanging out in his little sleeper

I love this little guy

These two pictures are rotated clockwise for some reason, even though I've tried reloading them again. They keep coming out like this. Just flip your head sideways.

He wasn't a huge fan of his first bath

Once we got his little sheep robe on him though he passed out again

I came home from church today and found Jackie asleep with her arm in there

I tried sleeping a little bit this afternoon with him

The smelly, little umbilical cord remains fell off today.



8 comments:

Belize said...

precious! I felt like i was there when i read the play by play of the birth! kudos to jackie- you did it! congrats guys! you made a great looking boy!

Sharalea said...

He is GORGEOUS! Looks like his first week was awesome & he is doing so great. What a darling!

I enjoyed the birthing story through Brian's eyes--can't wait to read/hear Jackie's version!

Unknown said...

Sounda about like most newborns - cute, loved, demanding, lots of work and well worth it!

the rutledge's- said...

Hi guys! Congrats on Baby Bobby. Such a handsome little guy, we are so happy for all three of you. Enjoy every second, it goes fast!

Lynda Donkin said...

I just love your updates! You totally made me tear up. What a sweet family. I'm so happy for you guys!!!

Allie said...

He is absolutely beautiful!

elyssa said...

meeeeeeh i wanna hold him!

Anonymous said...

oh my god I can´t believe it?" Sister" Donkin's son..oh he is so beautiful:')

I'm Sofia, remember me? from Coimbra? I miss you so much..please e-mail me!!!!!

sophi.vl@gmail.com

love you jackie :)