Monday, April 26, 2010

Utah Trip Part 1

We made a trip out to Grandma and Grandpa's house in Utah. And by Grandma and Grandpa, I mean my Mom and Dad. I guess I have now hit that point where I start referring to them as that so I don't confuse my children. I guess I have a little bit before it becomes necessary but I might as well start practicing now.

We came out here to see family, go to my graduation ceremonies, and just hang out for a bit. So far it has been great. I've put a bunch of the pictures we've taken so far below.

We told Jack and Lily, Bobby's two cousins on the Emmett side, that they should give the baby a kiss. Lily went first and...

...Ended up more like a head butt. Jack was next...

...and he was a little more successful



On Friday I had my convocation for the Marriott School. It was a little melodramatic since I finished my classes in December and have been living in Portland ever since. It was still nice to get back to the campus and relive all of those good memories from college. I ran into some friends and that is always fun. After getting my fake diploma (I already received the real one a few months ago) I walked across the stage and got to go sign the big piece of the Marriott Center floorboard that will go in the Tanner Building (I think). I signed just above the first R in Marriott so I'll have to show it to Bobby if he ends up going to school here.






On Saturday morning we drove up to Logan to have a little baby shower with my relatives up there. I was invited to come along so I have now been to two baby showers. They made me take the notes.

While my Grandpa Emmett got to hold Bobby,

and while Jackie opened all of his presents.


Later that afternoon we all gathered at my parents house for a little birthday celebration. My Grandpa turned 83 (Happy Birthday Grandpa!) this past weekend. He was joined by his Sister and her family as well so we had a good crowd at my parents house.


4 Generations of Emmetts

1 comment:

emetski said...

Thanks for bringing Bobby for his first visit with Grandma and Grandpa. It has been soooo much fun having him stay with us. He truly is 'Handsome Rob'. We are really going to miss him. Can't wait for our trip to Oregon in June.

Congrats on picking up your diploma!