Thursday, April 1, 2010

Eviction Notice

Maybe you've noticed the baby counter on the left and that it has been at 0 days left for the past week or so.

It's time.

We went to see our Doctor today and she suggested we get the baby out of Jackie's belly. Baby Robert Hal Emmett has received his eviction notice. He needs to be out by April 2nd, and if he somehow manages to stay any longer, he's grounded. We're off to the hospital in a couple of hours but I thought I would write down a few things we've done to keep ourselves occupied while we wait for him. 3 people guessed he would come in April, nice work.

Lost - Charlie and Laura brought over some movies and TV series for us to watch the other day. They are life savers. Jackie was put on bed rest Tuesday so she's been watching Gilmore Girls and Lost. If I'm home, we'll watch Lost. So far it has been awesome. Jackie has actually seen the first two seasons but I've been wanting to watch them, especially after years of people drooling over the show. We stayed up a little late watching them last night and we ended on the episode when the creepy guy kidnaps the pregnant girl. It was too disturbing to sleep after that so we threw on an episode of Gilmore Girls.

The Legend of Zelda and Bubble Bobble - I got two of the old school Nintendo games on my Wii this past weekend. Wow. It was so amazing how many memories started to flow back as soon as I turned on both of the games. Jackie and I beat Bubble Bobble over the weekend and then I finished Zelda the other day. What took us weeks, if not months, to beat when we were kids goes by a lot quicker nowadays, especially with the internet. I just don't have the patience to spend hours bombing every rock or tree just so I can find the secret hiding spots in Zelda.

The Birthing playlist - We've been working on the birthing mix and we finally got it settled. Jackie has the song "Baby Mine" from Dumbo playing about every three or 4 songs. I learned how to play it on the guitar and Jackie has been singing Baby Mine to the baby a lot.
The other songs on the mix are all instrumental or relaxation songs.

Alright, no pictures on this post but I promise some soon!

3 comments:

Katie said...

That was me! First babies have a tendency to be late. Sorry about that! Good luck today/tomorrow. Can't wait to see him!

LauraP said...

Oh good old nintendo games on the Wii! Clark loves Zelda too! And I'm so grateful for the internet because he plays a game unitl he beats it, so having the internet tell you all the secrets is nice! Hope the baby gets here soon, can't wait to see pictures!

Belize said...

I wish you the best of luck. late babies are no fun, but once they finally come out--doesn't matter anymore.

Lost- umm, I'd say pretty good stuff. matt and I just finished seasons 1-6 (as far as we could watch) in about a month. I don't know if that is sad or impressive. we found that we spent a lot of time at home with a newborn.

We are so excited for you guys! Can't wait to see pictures!