Tuesday, September 7, 2010

July 4th

I know it's been 2 months but here are some pictures from our 4th of July. If I can remember all the way back then, I'm pretty sure we had a great time. It was a Sunday so it was a little different than most other years but still just as fun. For church, we dressed Bobby up in his Navy outfit that was given to us by Jackie's brother in the Navy, Reg.


So far he will let us read to him from the books we have. He'll smile at the pages but his true desire is to shut the books and then put a corner of the book in his mouth.

He loves his Aunt Jeri...

...as well as his Uncle Davey

Aurora forced me to play with her, a first, so I welcomed the orders. I pushed her on the swings for awhile until she finally let me get on one of the swings next to her.

Charlie teaching Bobby how to call out his shots

My arms are about to cave in, so weak.

I think this actually might have been the first attempt at the shoulders. He seemed a little small to be riding up there so I held him close.

On to Outfit #2. Can't remember if he pooped through his first one or if we were just trying to fit in all of his USA shirts

After hanging around the house and eating some delicious hamburgers, it was off to the park to watch the fireworks. We went to the Happy Valley Park and besides being crowded, it was probably the weakest fireworks display I have been to on the 4th. The grand finale was pretty much non-existent.



Fireworks might have been weak but it's always nice to lay out a blanket on the grass and snuggle with your loved one

Outfit #3

After the fireworks at the park it was back to the house for our own display of fireworks. It sure is a lot different today than when I was a little kid. Sparklers, smoke bombs, and ground flowers were popular but were hard to find in Jackie's little brother's piles. Their collection was almost all big fountains. We usually only had one, so therefore it was always the last one.

It looks like Jonathan is holding the firework in his hand in the picture below. Unintended but cool.

Bobby preferred to watch the fireworks from inside with his cousin Aurora and mommy.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love all the pics! You look great!
Bethany