Friday, September 2, 2011

High Adventure

I was super excited to get called to the Young Mens, especially right before summer time. I didn't know what the plan was but knew I would be expected to go to either scout camp or the high adventure trip. As tempting as spending a week at Boy Scout camp with a bunch of 12 and 13 year old boys was, I opted for the High Adventure trip.

On Monday we went rock climbing and wake boarding.





Showing the boys how it's done.

Is it me or are kids softer these days? When it came time to wakeboard, only two kids in the boat wanted to do it, and one wasn't able to because of his size 13 foot. Later on in the week when I went jumping off cliffs, again only a couple of the boys were interested.

We actually had an activity recently where we went boating and when we were trying to teach one of the boys how to get up on a wakeboard, he told us he already knew how, and that he has done it on Wii Resort a hundred times. Ya, he didn't get up.



Some of the boys did go tubing though.

On Tuesday we went horseback riding, and practiced our shotgun and bow and arrow skills. It was the first time I have ridden a horse since I rode the Anderson's horse about 15 years ago.

On Wednesday we made our way to the John Day river and spent the rest of the week floating down. It is known more for its small mouth bass fishing than it is for rapids so it wasn't too exciting. It was nice and lazy though with a few great places to cliff jump so I won't complain. Unfortunately, I don't have any pictures because it is a beautiful river.

I took this picture when we got back to our cars on Saturday afternoon as I caught the young men red handed. They were sneaking into the lunch before all of the boats got back so we could divvy it up fairly
.


No comments: