Friday, September 2, 2011

Les Mis

The Keller Auditorium is across the street from my new office so it worked out great for our night on the town. Jackie came by after work so we could grab some dinner and then catch the touring group of Les Miserables. It is such a wonderful, timeless show.

As we were watching the show, I began to think about how my favorite songs have changed throughout the years and realized how much it correlates to my life. When I was young I liked Do You Hear the People Sing and Master of the House. The first one is aggressive and the second a silly, playful song. When I got older and more interested in girls, I loved listening to On My Own, most likely because I wanted Eponine to show that interested in me. Now, the song I look forward to the most is Bring Him Home. Something about a prayer for the safety of a boy that rings deep.



No comments: