Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Beach House weekend

Early in May we took a weekend getaway trip with the Dullums to a beach house they rented in Rockaway. We only stayed a night with them and I didn't get any pictures but it was still a blast. I took my bike and went for a ride along the coast. I soon realized that I was foolish not to bring a bike when we head to the beach. It's such a pleasant and beautiful place to ride. My next goal is to acquire a kayak somehow and take that to the beach as well. Add a bike and kayak to the already fun activities you got going on and I'll be super content the entire weekend.

Trying out the Baby Bjorn before the trip

Anyways, the following weekend, we took a trip with her family and stayed at their beach house. It was sort of one last hoorah before Debra left on her mission. We missed Reg and his family, Margie, and Jimmy but still had a great time. Bobby was in someone's arms probably 18 hours a day while we were there, no joke.



Between the two weeks, whenever we went down to the beach, Bobby slept the entire time. Maybe next time he'll actually take a peek at the ocean.

No holding me down...

Jackie loves him so much. I do too.

Aurora is notorious for "giving up". She will do this anywhere, as witnessed in this photo. When she gets tired, upset, frustrated, she just lays down wherever she is. It doesn't matter where, it can be carpet, concrete, or sand. It makes me crack up every time I see it.

I tried it out and rather enjoyed myself.


A picture of the gang before we all took off

The Donkin family dominates the "funny picture"

3 comments:

Unknown said...

It looks like you all had a good time, even with the sand on your face. Keep up having fun with the family - it really make a difference in the long run.

rudi said...

happy family ^_^

Anonymous said...

great and having fun with family.......