Monday, June 28, 2010

Two Year Anniversary


In celebration of our two years of blissful marriage, we went and saw the Lion King at the Keller Auditorium in downtown Portland. It was a great production and we both thoroughly enjoyed it. Anything that has to do with Africa is welcome in our home with open arms. Before the show we went to dinner at Stanich's with Jeri, Charlie, Laura, and her parents. I had the special burger, the one where they had ham and an egg. So delicious.

I had actually seen the show in L.A. back when I was in High School. It was pretty similar to what I could remember and the only disappointment came at intermission. You see, last time during the break, I peed next to this guy...

... so I was bummed when I walked into the bathroom and couldn't find Mr. Cheadle. Of course last time I couldn't remember who he was, I just knew that I recognized him. I think it was that summer that Ocean's Eleven came out and as soon as I saw the preview I remembered him from the bathroom.

Both Jackie and I loved the giraffes. I found this picture on the internet. It's pretty cool when they walk out at the very beginning. The next big crowd pleaser is when the elephants come walking in through the back of the room. It catches the new people off guard.

I couldn't do an anniversary post without expressing my deepest love and gratitude for the wonderful wife that I have. I still laugh when remembering all of the people that told me I was so lucky to be marrying a girl like Jackie. Umm, I know, that's why I am marrying her. When it comes down to it though, those people were on to something. Everyday she impresses me more and the love continues to grow.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulation to both of you. just keep it up!

Bhavna said...

hey congratulations....myself and my husband we had been for our vacations last year may.....and we had gone to see this play....it was simplyyy awesome...