Sunday, November 4, 2012

Donkinstock 2012

 Shoshone Falls. The beginning of Donkinstock 2012. They left on a Wednesday to begin the trek to Idaho but I didn't come out until Friday after work. That means I missed the Falls and hanging out in Twin.

 Maxie's pizza is a must for the Donkins whenever they are 50 miles within Twin Falls.

What a bunch of BS'ers. (at least that is what I assume they are playing)

 We took Bobby up Bath Rock at the City of Rocks. Was it a good idea? Of course not. Did we do it? Of course we did. 



 Will enjoyed playing peek-a-boo the whole time

 Bobby's immediate reaction whenever he finds rocks.


 Will was not feeling well this trip so we tried our best to keep him out of the sun. I think it was a combo of heat, teeth, and lack of sleep.





 Showing him how it's done.

"See that splash, son"
 
 Reg tried to show me how it was done.

 Throw off! (I dominated)



 Hawk

 The party wagon

 Craters of the Moon








 Bobby with the matching shirt


 Bobby's turn to take a few pictures.

 He got me too (Ya, you drop that camera kid you'll be ground for life)
 
 These pictures were actually taken at the Ice Cave. I don't know if anyone got pictures down there. It blew my mind that settlers would "harvest" the ice. I guess it was the first place in the West to have cold beer. Of course they had the 11 year old boys get the ice out. I never want to live in a world without ice.

Missing are pictures from our RV site in Oakley, pictures of Elder David B. Haight's home in Oakley, as well as the Indian Hot Springs. I'm sure there were other places we visited as well were we forgot to get pictures. Overall, it was another great Donkinstock. My vote for the next one is some place with waves or a lake/river where we can make waves with the boats. 

1 comment:

LauraP said...

You were in our neck of the woods! I didn't realize there was so much to do out here. Thanks for the ideas :)